Printable Birth Plan Document:
Early Pregnancy Home Birth Plan (click to view, edit and print)
Things to know:
- You should not miscarry your baby at home alone.
- Check out our listing of local professionals and volunteers willing to support you through the process
- Consider special farewell words or music.
- Also include a personalized farewell celebration.
- Ask for your ultrasound photos, if any, or visit a local Crisis Pregnancy Center that performs ultrasounds, and ask if you can have one last photo of your baby.
- If your baby still has a heartbeat, consider using your cell phone or other recordable device, and record the doppler’s sounds of your baby’s heartbeat. You can then add this to a Build-A-Bear as a momento.
- More momento and special ideas are listed in the birth plan.
- If after the birth, you experience pain, fever, bleeding that fills a pad sooner than an hour, clotting, or a foul odor, please see your care provider immediately. Please view the article on postpartum hemorrhage.
- Our birth education section has additional information that may prove useful to you, including our Levels of Augmentation article that provides ways of naturally augmenting/speeding up the labor process.
- Please visit our link on general postpartum health (your emotional and physical health after delivery).
How far along are you? Do you know what to expect to possibly see?